Beauty experts have finally revealed their secret towards having a glowing skin and a healthy hair – DIY recipes! Who knew that you can just whip up your own variation of a skin or hair formula? The best thing about this hype? You got to use all-natural ingredients!
There’s nothing better than introducing organic elements to your skin and hair that will also bring beauty closer to your reach. After all, everyone just needs their own weapon of choice that will take their beauty routines a level higher. Rose oil, with its many benefits, is popular not only amongst women but also for men.
These recipes show the magic of using rose oil for skin and hair. Easy to do, affordable, and really effective. You’ll get all of this and more once you’ve had a firm grasp of how to mix rose oil with other organic ingredients to bring out its maximum benefits. Here are some of the recipes you might want to try first!
Sensual Hair Care for All Seasons
Hair is easily affected by the changes in the environment. Even the smallest change in the temperature makes curly hair more frizzy, limp hair to become lifeless, and wavy hair to go wild. Of course, we adapt over time and learn to solve these issues easily. And with the therapeutic effects of rose oil, here are some of the best mixtures that work well for your hair care all throughout the year!
Rose Water Hydrating Hair Spray
Hair sprays make it easy to keep the tresses moisturized all throughout the day. Convenient and easy to use, carry it around with you to keep your hair looking shiny and lustrous.
- 6 drops of rose essential oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoon jojoba oil or any carrier oil of your choice
- First, create a rose water by mixing ½ cup of filtered water with 6 drops of rose essential oil. Make sure to mix well.
- Take 6 tablespoons of rose water and mix it with 4 tablespoon jojoba oil or any carrier oil of your choice. Transfer to a spray bottle and set aside the rose water for future use.
- Shake well before spritzing on hair. Make sure to massage or comb through the locks for maximum moisture.
Carrier oils like jojoba or almond oil are perfect for your locks. Aside from hydrating the hair from inside the shaft, they also have other therapeutic effects that work great for scalp and hair. If you’re having concerns such as dandruff or split ends, looking for mixtures of carrier oils and rose oil yield results. This particular blend has powerful antibacterial properties. The astringency of rose oil also makes it great for strengthening the roots of hair for a stronger grip and reduced hair loss.
Reviving Hair Treatment with Rose Oil
Scalp issues such as dandruff are often the root of the problem when it comes to having lifeless hair. This is why you also need to address scalp concerns. And if it’s scalp care that we’re talking about, then rose oil is just what you need.
- ½ teaspoon rose or rosehip oil
- 2 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 3 drops rosemary oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 4 drops ylang ylang oil
Mix all the oils in a bowl and apply directly on hair. For best results, make sure to spread it evenly all over the scalp. Part hair layer by layer and massage the oil until the whole area is covered.
Moisture, which your hair needs most, is really abundant in this mixture. All of these organic essential oils are perfect for hair care since they all pack hydrating abilities. Aside from that, each one has unique properties that tend to protect hair and scalp from damages. Antibacterial and astringent effects work well in defending the scalp from issues such as dandruff and flaking. It also has a lot of antioxidants which prevent early hair loss and weakening of the strands. What makes this blend better is that it works as well for skin.
Rosy Cheeks and Silky Skin with Beauty Blends
This simple list of recipes is not complete without mentioning blends for face and skin care. Aside from infusing a few drops of this oil on your body care products, you can also create these blends that leave you looking young and vibrant!
Exfoliating Gentle Vanilla Rose Scrub
Combining the soothing aroma of vanilla and rose, this sugar scrub also transforms your skin from a dry and dull to a glowing skin. Here is just what you need to make it.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 10 drops of rose oil
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Petals from 2 small roses
- Mix the oils with one cup of sugar. You can also use a blender but if you don’t have one, you can just mix it by hand in a clean bowl.
- Take a knife and cut the vanilla bean in the middle. Take the seeds and mix it with the recipe.
- Crush or chop the rose petals into pieces.
- Mix with the sugar scrub.
Sugar has a fine texture that does not cause small tears in the skin while exfoliating. It also has emolliating effects that moisturize the skin. Purify the skin and leave it glowing and brighter than before!
Revitalizing Rose Cream for Skin and Face
This cream is perfect for conditioning the skin and slowing down the physical effects of aging. Chase away wrinkles, fine lines, and sun spots with this revitalizing cream perfect for skin and face care!
- 1 tablespoon rosehip seed oil
- 2 tablespoon jojoba oil
- ½ tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- ¼ cup fresh aloe vera
- ½ natural thickener of choice
- 3-4 drops of rose essential oil
- Put jojoba oil, shea butter, beeswax, and your choice of natural thickener on a clean jar. It must be able to withstand heat.
- Prepare a pan and put water that fills it up a few inches high. Place the jar in the middle f the pan. Turn the burner on a medium-low heat and wait for the beeswax to melt.
- Take a clean mixing bowl and put the mixture in. Be careful of handling the jar. Add in rosehip seed oil and mix gently. You should let this solution cool down until it reaches room temperature.
- Once it’s cooled down, you can now add in the fresh aloe vera and rose oil. Stir or whisk until the mixture takes a gel-like consistency.
- Place in small containers for creams. This is a fresh recipe so make sure to keep refrigerated until you use it.
You’ll notice that the ingredients used are all healthy for the skin. Not only is this recipe highly moisturizing but it also feeds the skin with natural vitamins and minerals. It also has other effects on the skin including keeping it soft while also making sure that it is firm. Keep the signs of skin aging at bay with regular use of this cream!