Practicing natural skin care means that you only use all natural ingredients in all of the products that you use. These ingredients come directly from nature in the form of oils and herbs. They contain no additives and chemicals that may cause harm to your skin. Products that are derived naturally from animals such as beeswax found in lip balms may also be used in natural skin care. Most skin care guides recommend going for products with all natural sources because they don’t contain artificial ingredients, coloring and fragrance that may irritate the skin.
Advantages of Using Natural Skin Care Products
You may not know it but a lot of commercially available skin care products contain huge amounts of chemicals. The body absorbs these chemicals little by little every time you use the product. The effects of too much chemicals in the body vary from one person to the other. Possible effects may include irritation, itchiness and skin problems.
Going for all natural skin care products helps lessen your intake of chemicals that may harm the body. Ingredients from these products are gentler on the skin and safe for use for any skin type. They naturally enhance the natural functions of the skin.
Another advantage of natural skin care products on your skin is that they contain minerals and vitamins that no synthetic chemical can replicate. These nutrients may help nourish your skin to make it soft and smooth. It may also provide benefits in treatments of various skin issues such as skin dryness, psoriasis and eczema.
The Best Natural Skin Care Ingredients
The best natural skin care ingredients are in the food that you eat and products such as essential oils, herbs and salts. Your next best all natural products could just be found in the crisper section of your fridge. Here are some great natural skin care ingredients that may help make skin soft and smooth.
- Essential oils – These types of oils derived from plants, flowers and trees. These contain the best essences of a plant. It provides benefits in aromatherapy and massage therapy. Applying essential oils on your skin may help moisturize it and keep it healthy.
- Honey – Honey contains natural enzymes and vitamins that may help moisturize skin. It may also aid in reducing the appearance of pimples and scars. You may use honey together with raw oats in creating a cleansing facemask.
- Sea Salt and other Mineral Rich Scrubs – Mineral rich scrubs like the Dead Sea mud mask and sea salt scrub may help slough away dead skin cells that dull the skin. Dead Sea mud masks may even help get rid of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera may help people with sunburns find relief. The cool gel when added to sunburnt skin may help skin feel less tender to touch.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – this product may not smell good but it is very useful in natural skin care regimens. Use it to help treat acne and get clear skin when used together with other acne medication.