Hair Growth Shampoo
Getting a haircut won’t make your hair grow faster, but understanding what makes your hair grow might help. Many factors can affect the rate at which your hair grows. The food that you eat, your lifestyle, and even the shampoo that you use can contribute to hair growth. Hair growth shampoos are some of the most sought-after products on the market due to the great benefits they have for hair.
Women’s ideal hair type is one that is long, thick, and lustrous. However, it is not as easy as it sounds to grow hair this healthy. Women are prone to thinning hair especially as they age. Millions of women share concerns about how their hair seems to stop growing. While it is not a major hair concern, it can be disheartening to most people. If you think that your hair is not growing well, try a hair growth shampoo. This type of shampoo has other benefits aside from stimulating your scalp for healthy hair growth. Find out what makes hair growth shampoos work and their other uses.
What is Hair Growth Shampoo
Stunted hair growth, thinning hair volume, and weak hair are all reasons for you to find the best shampoo for your hair. Hair growth shampoos are mainly used to stimulate your scalp for healthy hair growth. There are two types of hair growth shampoo. You can get a product prescribed by the doctor or you can buy over-the-counter products.
Hair growth shampoos often contain ingredients that promote hair growth. Many people think that this type of shampoo can be used as a remedy for hair loss. However, it can’t make hair grow if the follicles are already damaged, which is common for hair loss.
Shampoos designed to promote hair growth contains ingredients that provide certain vitamins and nutrients that stimulate the follicles while improving their health. This type of shampoo gives your hair extra length and volume as well. Pair up shampoos with fortifying conditioners to prevent breakage and other types of hair damage. Check the collection of hair-nourishing conditioners below to find out which one is best for you.
READ MORE: Conditioners
How Hair Growth Shampoo Works
Hair growth shampoo is not a treatment for hair loss or for other hair concerns. While many shampoos claim that they can speed up hair growth, most of them do not work. However, there are products that help promote hair growth. These shampoos contain certain ingredients that target the root of stunted hair growth – unhealthy scalp and follicles. When looking for the perfect shampoo, it is important that you understand how hair grows and how your shampoo will help with it.
Understanding How Hair Grows
There are three stages of hair growth – anagen, catagen, and telogen. The first stage is when your hair continues to grow. This phase can last from two to 7 years. Around 85% of your hair is always in anagen phase. Catagen stage is the period where hair separates from the bulb of the follicle. During this stage, your hair is cut off from the nutrients that make it grow. Telogen phase is the period of shedding, where your hair starts to fall out. This is also the resting phase of hair follicles where the root of the strands completely separates from the follicles. When new hair starts to form, the strand will fall out.
During the anagen phase, the strand of hair is still connected to the follicle. By providing essential nutrients to the follicles, they can grow healthy and resilient strands. When you experience certain hair concerns such as stunted hair growth or thinning hair volume, they are often affected by the three stages of hair growth.
In some cases, both catagen and telogen phases are prolonged. When a large percentage of your hair enters these two stages, you might experience stunted hair growth. The strands may not grow at their optimum rate during the anagen phase too if there is a lack of nourishment. Shampoos that contain essential oils are good for hair since they provide a great amount of nourishment. Essential oils can be applied to hair and scalp directly to improve their health and appearance too. Visit this page to learn about the various benefits of essential oils for hair growth.
READ MORE: Essential Oils Guide
Shampoo Ingredients that Promote Hair Growth
Hair growth shampoo works because it contains ingredients that support hair growth. It is important that you look for these ingredients to make sure that the shampoo works for your hair. Find out how these ingredients help give you longer and healthier hair:
- Folate – Folate or folic acid, ensures tissue and cell growth. This essential nutrient stimulates hair growth as well while maintaining cell renewal. Folate aids in improving the ability of your body to absorb nutrients. This allows hair follicles to receive nourishment for better hair health.
- L-Arginine – L-Arginine is an amino acid that helps repair damaged tissues. It also acts as a vasodilator, an agent that helps widen blood vessels. Vasodilation is important for hair growth and for the health of hair follicles. With wider blood vessels, the nutrients reach the hair follicles easily, leading to stronger and thicker hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar removes the buildup of products, oil, and dead skin cells on the scalp. This reduces clogging of hair follicles while maintaining the natural pH balance of your scalp.
- Caffeine – Caffeine has great effects for hair and scalp. It helps improve the health of hair follicles during the active anagen phase. As it stimulates hair growth, caffeine also blocks dihydrotestosterone or DHT, known for preventing nutrients from reaching hair follicles.
- Sage Oil – Sage oil improves blood flow in the scalp, which helps deliver nourishment to the follicles. It controls oil production as well as preventing dryness or oiliness of the scalp. Sage oil unclogs hair follicles and reduces dandruff to prevent stunted hair growth.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil packs high levels of essential fatty acids and nutrients that help with hair growth. It contains antioxidants that prevent free radical damage, which is a common factor for premature hair loss. Argan oil absorbs easily into hair and follicles to deliver nourishment.
- Castor Oil – Castor oil is rich in various nutrients good for hair growth. It has high levels of ricinoleic acid, which is responsible for the oil’s therapeutic effects. Castor oil helps reduce inflammation in hair follicles to allow optimum hair growth. Shiny Leaf Castor Oil Shampoo helps improve your hair health and resilience. It maintains the luster and shine of your hair as well. See more of its benefits by visiting the page below.
READ MORE: Castor Oil Shampoo
Nutrients that Support Hair Growth
Your hair is basically made up of hardened protein called keratin. Using protein-rich shampoos are known to help grow healthy and strong hair. Your scalp provides the necessary nutrients to hair follicles to encourage healthy hair growth. Lack of nutrients can lead to stunted hair growth and other hair concerns. Here are some nutrients essential for hair growth:
- Iron – Iron helps deliver oxygen to your hair follicles. Iron supports the production of hemoglobin, which is responsible for carrying the oxygen to your hair. This is an important process for growing and repairing cells. Iron deficiency often leads to slow or stunted hair growth.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C has many benefits for the body and it includes healthy hair growth. Vitamin C can improve the ability of the body to absorb iron, which is required for hair growth. It also helps build collagen to keep your hair strong and resilient. Collagen makes your hair elastic, which reduces breakage and hair damage.
- Protein – Since your hair is made up of protein, providing this nutrient to your hair and scalp will help repair damage such as split ends and brittle hair. Shampoos that contain protein, specifically keratin, can maintain the luster and resilience of your hair.
- Biotin – Biotin supports natural hair growth cycle. It is important for keeping your hair thick and full. Biotin is one of the nutrients responsible for cell renewal too. It helps repair hair damage while stimulating your scalp to grow hair.
- Zinc – Zinc prevents hair follicle regression, which helps prolong the anagen phase. This nutrient also speeds up the recovery of hair follicles, shortening the resting phase in the hair growth cycle. Zinc deficiency can result to various hair concerns such as alopecia.
Other than the hair products that you use, you can get these nutrients from the food that you eat. Read this blog to find out seven types of food that you need to start eating now to get stronger and more beautiful hair.
READ MORE: 7 Healthy Food for Strong & Beautiful Hair
Why You Need Hair Growth Shampoo
Hair growth shampoos are not miracle workers that will make your hair grow longer in just a few days. This shampoo improves the overall health of your hair and scalp. You can use it to strengthen your hair and give it a thicker volume. Here are the benefits and uses of hair growth shampoo:
To Promote Healthy Hair Growth
To Improve Hair Resilience
To Give Hair Extra Volume
Prevent Hair Loss
Hair growth shampoos are not treatments for hair loss. However, they can prevent it from getting worse. Some early signs of hair loss are easy to detect. You can start using hair growth shampoos to help strengthen hair and its follicles. Since they do not actively fight hair loss, early detection is the key to preventing this condition. Make sure to use hair growth shampoos if you notice bald patches on your scalp or thinning hairline. For more information regarding hair loss, visit the page below. Discover the best tips to prevent hair loss to keep your hair voluminous.
READ MORE: Hair Loss
How to Use Hair Growth Shampoo
Prescribed shampoos come with instructions on how to use them. Make sure to follow these directions to get the full benefits of hair growth shampoos. The following are general directions on how to properly use shampoos. Follow these directions for maximum results, unless specified:
- Wet hair and scalp using lukewarm water.
- Use enough shampoo to cover the entire scalp. Massage the shampoo to your scalp for a minute or two. Work your way from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Leave on hair for 3-5 minutes to allow the nutrients to absorb into the scalp. This allows the active ingredients to work their wonders on your hair. Avoid leaving it on your scalp to prevent dry and flaky scalp.
- Rinse the shampoo from hair with lukewarm water. Avoid using warm or hot water since they can strip the moisture from hair, leaving it dry and rough. Follow up with a fortifying conditioner to strengthen your hair.
Hair growth shampoos provide nourishment for your hair and scalp. Aside from products that are recommended for daily use, you should limit the number of times you shampoo your hair weekly, especially if you have dry hair. This prevents your hair from getting too brittle and dry since most shampoos can strip the moisture from your hair. Some shampoos can speed up the natural growth cycle of your hair too. This means that they can shorten all three phases of hair growth, leading to noticeable hair loss.
When choosing a shampoo, make sure that it is suitable for your hair type. Do your research to find out how each shampoo works and which ingredients you need to look for. For more information regarding hair loss, visit the page below. Discover the best tips to prevent hair loss to keep your hair voluminous. Invest in high-quality shampoos to get voluminous hair in no time at all. Here's a collection of premium shampoos that will give you the hair that you desire.
READ MORE: Shampoos