It’s never too late to start gunning for that summer glow. The waves in the beach sing like a siren, beckoning onlookers to take a refreshing dip in the water. As summer calls for fun and relaxation, it also spells trouble for the skin. After all, the sun is at its worst during this period of the year.
While the summer heat gives your skin that stunning bronze, there are definitely risks of lying under the sun unprotected. No one wants to suffer from painful sunburns and an oily skin. You’re also more likely to develop age spots when you fail to take care of your skin. But will sunscreen be enough? Or are there other alternatives to your normal skin care products?
Gun for A Healthy Summer Glow
Having fun also means being responsible. Your skin can’t survive on its own. Sunscreens and moisturizing body care products are the holy grail during summer. But after reading this short guide of essential oils summer special, you might see skin care in a new light.
There are oils made just for your needs. Well, not literally, but it will feel like it. What makes each skin care effective is the proper use of the right products. Utilizing these oils for your needs is the core of organic essential oils skin care.
What are the essentials of summer skin care?
- Sun protection
- Skin Relief
First off, drinking water will never be enough to hydrate your skin. But it is still important and just because your skin does not rely on this alone for skin health, doesn’t mean that you should skip it. Dehydration’s one of the risks that you should avoid.
The same issue goes for your skin. When dehydrated it gets dry and dull. And you bet that it still happens even during summer. In fact, it’s the most important part of summer skin care since it prevents excessive oiliness. Plus, moisture keeps the water intact on the surface. Relief, on the other hand, cools you down and soothes redness away. And most of all, protecting your skin from sun damages is of utmost importance.
Stun People with These 5 Beauty Oils
You get to bathe your skin in the mineral-rich drops of these oils that protect it from damages and aging. But that’s not all! Battle the stress and exhaustion caused by the heat with one whiff from the energizing scents of specific oils. Whether you’re infected by the travel bug or chose beach bumming, you can still have that summer glow everyone’s talking about!
Pro Tip: Avoid using oils that have high photosensitivity because they can burn your skin when exposed to the sun. And also, don’t apply layers of different natural essential oils on the skin. Just stick to one.
1. Lavender Oil
For summer essential oils, your best bet would be those that are soothing for the skin. Lavender oil does not only provide great relief but it is also effective in hydrating the skin’s deeper layers.
- Great for soothing skin from irritation, redness, rashes, cuts and other minor wounds.
- Helps relax the muscles and relieve aching.
- Works well in hydrating the skin to prevent dryness and dehydration.
- Reduces itching which is common during summer.
2. German Chamomile Oil
This oil does not only have a fragrance that is very relaxing. You’re also going to love how it works on your skin during summer.
- With a cooling sensation that helps relieve the skin from overheating.
- Helps reduce inflammation or swelling, and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Works well in calming the skin and the nerves for a much-deserved cool down.
3. Geranium Essential Oil
What’s better than hydration is an oil that helps the skin recovers from excessive oil production. You know how ugly it gets when the sebum just accumulates on the surface of the skin and clogs the pores.
- Moisturizes the skin for a softer feel and radiance.
- Stimulates the blood to release toxins by sweating which helps regulate skin health.
- Boosts blood flow for a healthy skin tone.
- Aids in unclogging of pores.
4. Sandalwood Oil
You can’t get away from summer unscathed. Whether it’s a sunburn or a rash caused by photosensitivity, you’ll still suffer from minor risks. Treat your sunburn with calming oils that are not only anti-inflammatory but also healing. Here’s one great choice for you.
- Sandalwood oil is effective in soothing puffiness of the skin. It improves firmness and skin’s elasticity.
- It also works well in soothing sunburn, helping treat it faster.
- Plus, it relaxes the body to help cool it down and prevent overheating.
5. Cypress Oil
And if you can’t just get enough moisture on your skin and tends to sweat it out really easily, then try using Cypress oil.
- As a diuretic, it is effective in holding huge amounts of water to keep the skin hydrated.
- It gives off a cooling sensation which prevents sunburn, overheating, and irritation of the skin.
- Another perk of using it is that it minimizes the pores easily!