You can tell if you have healthy skin if it feels soft, smooth, and supple. Skin should feel silky smooth if it is properly cleansed and moisturized. However, washing daily doesn’t mean that your skin is completely clean. You need the right body care products to help your skin stay smooth, clear, and radiant.
Other than cleansing skin daily, exfoliating your body is another step you should not forget. It helps get rid of dirt, dead skin cells, and hardened oil that may clog the pores. Exfoliating can help promote skin cell renewal too. This improves skin texture, volume, and radiance. Body scrubs are the perfect products that can help your skin become softer and smoother again.
Learn all about body scrubs and their benefits for your skin. A good scrub might be the key to youthful and glowing skin.
Learn All About Body Scrub
Your skin can look dull and tired even when you cleanse and moisturize daily. Ordinary cleansers can’t get rid of product residue, dead skin cells, and dirt that cling to skin. Even when you cleanse skin several times a day, there are impurities that can’t be removed. However, you can get rid of them when you use a suitable body scrub.
There are various types of body scrub made from natural ingredients. You can even make your own scrub at home. Coffee scrub, salt scrub, and sugar scrub are just some of the most common ones.
Body scrubs often use ingredients that provide abrasions to help lift impurities from skin. The abrasion gets rid of dead skin cells, hardened oil, and product residue from skin. It helps promote skin cell renewal and increase blood flow as well. Increased blood flow improves skin’s suppleness and radiance. It ensures that skin receives nourishment to keep it healthy.
Some scrubs use natural ingredients such as crushed shells, seeds, barks, salt, beans, and sugar to create abrasive effects. It is important to use scrubs that use very small particles to avoid damage. Scrubs that use large abrasive particles may cause damage and irritation to skin. You can mix these raw ingredients with natural oils to create a soothing body scrub. This helps deeply cleanse skin while providing hydration. Find out more benefits of adding oils to bath and body products here.
Benefits of Using Body Scrubs
Have you ever heard of the term deeply cleanse skin? Cleansing skin deeply means getting rid of impurities that may clog the pores. It helps promote skin cell renewal as well as improve blood flow. Using body scrub is the most common and beneficial way of cleansing skin deeply. There are lots of benefits you can get from using body scrub. Here are some of them:
- Improves skin tone and radiance. Dead skin cell can pile up on skin. They make your skin look dull and tired. You shed dead skin cells every day. However, simply cleansing skin can’t get remove all dead skin cells from skin’s surface. Body scrubs help lift off dead skin cells so skin looks radiant and glowing.
- Enhances blood flow. Blood flow affects the health and radiance of skin. Your blood supplies nourishment and oxygen to skin. Slow blood flow can lead to dull and tired-looking skin. Using a body scrub helps speed up blood circulation to make skin look brighter and clearer.
- Improves collagen production. Collagen production slows down as you age. This leads to loss of skin volume and rough texture. Using body scrub can promote collagen production so skin stays soft and supple. This is great for dry skin too. Dry skin can become lackluster and rough. Applying a gentle scrub can make it as soft and smoothe
- Unclogs pores and lifts up stubborn impurities from skin. Skin conditions such as acne can be caused by clogged pores. And acne does not only happen on your face. It can happen anywhere in your body too. Using body scrub can unclog your pores and make skin feel and look fresh.
- Using gentle scrubs help soothe skin irritation and itchiness. Scrubs can remove dead skin cells and other impurities that can cause irritation and itchiness. It is important to use gentle scrubs to prevent causing skin damage. You can use natural oils such as almond oil, coconut oil, or castor oil to soothe skin. Castor oil has soothing properties that help reduce irritation too. Find out more benefits of the oil here.
Natural Ingredients Used for Body Scrubs
Body scrubs can help restore skin radiance and smoothness. However, there are scrubs that can damage skin too. These scrubs can damage skin’s natural barrier and leave it prone to damage. There are chemicals found in body scrubs that can cause irreversible damage too. To keep skin healthy and supple, you can look for scrubs that use natural ingredients instead.
Natural ingredients are good for your skin because they are safe and equally effective as synthetic ones. Below are some of the best natural ingredients found in safe body scrubs.
Salt is one of the most common ingredients used in body scrubs. It offers a lot of benefits for skin. Various types of salt can be used to create natural body scrub. Sea salt is one of the most popular ones. It is rich in various minerals and nutrients that can nourish skin. This type of salt is known to reduce inflammation as well. You can crush salt to make them into smaller particles and avoid skin damage.
Some users prefer using sugar body scrubs instead of salt. Its smaller particles are gentler on skin. Salt can cause microtears on skin, which can lead to worse skin concerns such as irritation. Sugar is a natural humectant that helps your skin stay hydrated too. Using sugar scrubs do not only get rid of dead skin cells, it provides moisture as well.
Plant and Fruit Parts
Many parts of plants and fruits can be used as natural ingredients for body scrubs. Seeds, beans, bark, and even shells are great ingredients that can be crushed to provide gentle abrasion on skin. Most of these ingredients contain nutrients that nourish skin as well.
Organic Raw Ingredients
Organic raw ingredients include various food ingredients that can be found at home. These include herbs, powder, honey, vegetables, fruits, milk, and other types of food. Crops or produce naturally contain nutrients good for the body. Using these ingredients leaves skin healthier and more radiant.
Natural butter such as shea butter and cocoa butter are very rich in moisture. They help provide hydration for smooth and soft skin. Natural body scrubs help moisturize skin as well so it feels supple even after a good scrub.
You can use organic extracts or essential oils to enrich body scrubs. They can add nourishment or appealing scents to the mixture. It is better to use organic extracts than synthetic ingredients because they are safer and more nourishing for skin.
Natural oils are not only rich in moisture, they are chock full of nutrients that can nourish skin from deep within too. Some of the best oils used to make body scrubs include sweet almond oil, argan oil, and castor oil. These oils help lift up impurities from skin as well without causing dryness. Check out this collection of quality natural oils to find out more about their benefits.
How to Use Body Scrubs
It is easy to use body scrubs. However, simply applying body scrubs does not mean that it will provide results. There are proper ways to use a body scrub so you can get all the benefits of the product. Here’s how to use it:
- Wet skin using lukewarm water. Avoid using warm or hot water because they can strip natural oils from skin, leaving it prone to damage. You can use the scrub during showers or baths.
- Scoop out enough body scrub and apply directly on skin. Massage the scrub on skin for a few minutes using a circular motion. This helps efficiently remove impurities from skin while improving blood circulation.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water. Again, avoid using warm or hot water.
- Dry skin using soft towel. Apply lotion to moisturize skin and avoid dryness. This helps restore moisture on skin so it feels smooth and soft. Lotions can nourish skin as well, to keep it youthful. Check out the page below to discover the best lotion for your skin.
The most important thing to remember when it comes to exfoliation is to use it as seldom as possible. Once a week is the recommended frequency of use. More than that and skin may become dry or irritated.
You can get soothing body scrub from shops or make your own. Use natural ingredients to get great benefits from exfoliating skin. Wash your body with a gentle body scrub and get the skin you’ve always wanted.