A bad hair day can really ruin your otherwise great day. It happens to come along when you least expect it. What makes it even worse is that it almost, always comes when you really, really need to look your best. It sometimes happens when you bump into your ex and their new love interest. It can also happen when you have a very important job interview where you really need to look presentable. If you catch yourself in a situation where you need a quick hair fix for your bad hair day, essential oils are here to save your day.
Quick Hair Fixes Using Essential Oils
Essential oils are known for their aromatic and therapeutic uses. They also have many uses in skin care. In fact, essential oils are often added as vital ingredients to various beauty products. Their uses in hair care are also as abundant. Here are five ways to use essential oils to take care of your bad hair day.
- Tame frizzy hair with Pomegranate Seed Oil – pat down a few drops of this nutrient rich oil on your hair and you can get smooth, frizz free hair in an instant. It is a great product to use for all types of hair but most especially for curly hair.
- Moisturize dry hair with Rose Absolute Oil – the fragrant Rose Absolute Oil contains a high concentration of moisturizing ingredients that can bring back the life to dry hair. Apply a few drops of this oil on your favorite shampoo and amazing healthy hair every day.
- Castor Oil for thinning hair and prevention of dandruff– some days your hair just feels really limp and thin. This can be due to a hair loss condition. Make hair grow thicker naturally by massaging a few drops of castor oil on your scalp. This will stimulate hair growth as the product penetrates deep into your scalp. The antifungal properties of castor oil also aid in the treatment of dandruff and flaky scalp.
- Use coconut oil for stronger hair – Strengthen your hair effectively with coconut oil. Applying this on your hair will make you feel like you are on a Caribbean vacation. It conditions your hair to make it less prone to breakage.
- Jojoba oil for damaged hair – if you suffer from split ends and hair that easily breaks, applying jojoba oil on your hair can provide a quick fix while you’re waiting for your next salon appointment. This essential oil can make split ends look less noticeable. This oil contains highly moisturizing vitamin E that nourishes hair to make it easy to manage.
Be Safe When Using Essential Oils
Use these different essential oils to turn that bad hair day around and make it an amazing hair day instead. Just remember that some essential oils are very potent. Before trying them directly on your hair, check the label if they might need to be mixed with carrier oils first.
For more information, you may check the essential oils guide here.